Shipping and delivery dates are estimated when orders are placed and based on item availability as well as shipping options.
We ship using the U.S. Post Office (USPS) and can offer any USPS service, such as the most basic Parcel Post or Priority Mail services. All items offered are shipped via USPS. “Pick-ups” or “Delivery” by Antiques from The Retreat for large or unusually shaped items should be discussed with us prior to any purchase. For items that are convenient to ship, “Pick-ups” and “Delivery” are typically not available.
We ship within 2 business days of receiving "cleared" funds. Consider this when choosing to pay with a personal check.
We have provided a shipping cost with each item offered on our website. These quotes do not include insurance, which is recommended. Please feel free to call us to discuss shipping and insurance costs. We use “Delivery Confirmation”, it is included in the shipping quote of each item offered. Insurance is not included in that shipping quote, but we can quote insurance via phone or e-mail. Insurance is recommended.
Shipping is based on package size and weight. We pack carefully and securely. We will size the packaging to make sure the items you have purchased arrive in excellent condition. Our shipping quotes are generated by our website host, and seem to be close to our actual USPS costs.
*International Shipping: We would like to communicate with our overseas buyer to quote an accurate shipping cost. We will ship international packages via USPS options, and will fill out any forms for Customs, etc. that are provided by the USPS for the country to be shipped to.
Antiques from The Retreat CANNOT GUARANTEE WHAT POSTAL SYSTEMS OF COUNTRIES OUTSIDE OF The United States DO ONCE THE PACKAGE LEAVES THE HANDS OF THE USPS. OFTEN WE CANNOT PURCHASE INSURANCE ON OVERSEAS SHIPMENTS OF ITEMS PURCHASED BY our OVERSEAS BUYERS. THEREFORE THE RISK OF LOSS IS YOURS ALONE. We will provide proof of shipment via the USPS, that is all we can do to insure that an overseas package will arrive to you safely and in a timely matter. We have no control and no influence with overseas Postal Systems, and we are sorry we cannot do more to help our overseas buyers. Please be in touch with us if you are considering a purchase.
Domestic Payment Policy:
We are happy to accept most major credit cards: Visa, American Express, Mastercard, and Discover. We also accept Paypal transactions and wire transfers. Please contact us to make arrangements. Our PayPal account is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks and Money Orders can be sent to Antiques from The Retreat, P.O. Box 243, Warrenton, Virginia 20187
International Payment Policy:
Please contact us to make arrangements for payment and shipping. We accept wire transfers or Paypal for international purchases.
- If you wish to return an item, let us know within three days of its receipt and before you ship. If there are any doubts as to whether you would like to return the item, please contact us to discuss the issues.
- All items must be returned in their original condition. Please do not alter or damage the item during your inspection. Items damaged during inspection will not be accepted for return. This term is at the discretion of the seller.
- All items are guaranteed as described. If an item is damaged in shipping, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Shipping charges are not refundable.
- We must receive returned items within 10 days of notification if shipped by UPS, FEDEX, or US Postal Service.
- Merchandise must be returned in the same condition as it was received.
- Purchase price will be refunded once item has been received and inspected.